Sunday, March 15, 2009

You’re All Most There

You're all most there they shout as I run by. Not really I think to myself. They are lying, almost there would be I can see the finish line not, it's a couple of miles away. Sometimes the best intentions go awry. Like the spectator along a race course who really want to be encouraging by telling you what they think you want to hear, when in fact you have another two miles to run. You start thinking you can coast and the race will soon be over and you can rest but that's not true.

Life is a lot like running a race, sometimes I really want to quit, pull over stop running. After all I am really tired. It's like that dream I've had where I am running a ten mile race and as I approach the finish line I realize the officials have moved it. I have no idea where the finish line is but I need to keep running, I need to keep going. The good news is we don't have to run by ourselves, Christ has gone before us. Let us press on keeping our eyes focused on Jesus. In Hebrews 12:1-3 it says, therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecto of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

By Bill Benson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home