Airplane Seats
Airplane Seats
One of the things I seldom look forward to on airplane rides is having a chance to sit close to someone I don't know and have never met. This new acquaintance is going to be sitting so close to me they will touch me and sometimes I don't like that. In our culture we have our own personal space and I don't want to be squeezed in next to someone. I don’t want to sit with someone especially if they want to be left alone and don't want to talk at all. Jesus talks a lot in the bible about touching. In the book of Mark Jesus was walking through a crowd when the woman with uncontrolled bleeding touched him. She knew about the power of power of Jesus and what a touch from Him could do. I love that story, Jesus turns to his disciples and says "who touched me?" The disciples saw a great crowd pressing in on Jesus and someone touched him. I think sometimes we don't really want a touch from Jesus, we just want Him to fix us. What ever is going on in our life we just want Jesus to fix it. Gods desire is to touch us more than just fix us. I think today might be a great day to seek the touch of Jesus.
By Bill Benson
One of the things I seldom look forward to on airplane rides is having a chance to sit close to someone I don't know and have never met. This new acquaintance is going to be sitting so close to me they will touch me and sometimes I don't like that. In our culture we have our own personal space and I don't want to be squeezed in next to someone. I don’t want to sit with someone especially if they want to be left alone and don't want to talk at all. Jesus talks a lot in the bible about touching. In the book of Mark Jesus was walking through a crowd when the woman with uncontrolled bleeding touched him. She knew about the power of power of Jesus and what a touch from Him could do. I love that story, Jesus turns to his disciples and says "who touched me?" The disciples saw a great crowd pressing in on Jesus and someone touched him. I think sometimes we don't really want a touch from Jesus, we just want Him to fix us. What ever is going on in our life we just want Jesus to fix it. Gods desire is to touch us more than just fix us. I think today might be a great day to seek the touch of Jesus.
By Bill Benson

1 Comments:
I've been married to you for 26 years and did not know this little tidbit about you. I thought I was the only one who didn't like to sit next to strangers. thanks for sharing your heart with others. I know it's a good heart, I know the grace you have for others (for me) and I love you more for it every day.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home